We’re a dog-friendly hotel
Dogs at The Sheldon
We get it…you can’t really imagine a trip to the seaside and the Downs without your pup, can you?
We love dogs, and are experimenting with hosting guest dogs in a small number of special dog-friendly guest rooms! Feel free to contact us with any questions before booking.
Here are a few reasons your dog will love it here:
- Endless hikes through the Downs. (We have a dog-friendly list)
- The seaside is a 1 minute walk away, along with the 5km level promenade.
- 5 minutes from the dog friendly Gildredge Park
- Special treatment from us! Your dog will find their own bed, towel, food and water bowl and a special treat when they arrive from our friends at The Canine Menu.
- We can help you arrange an outside dog walker if you want some time on your own.
As we are new to this and want to make sure it is balanced with the needs of our other 2 legged guests, here are some dog-house rules.
- We can’t allow dogs in the breakfast room.
Dogs should be on a lead at all times when outside of the room.
- If you know your dog is a chronic singer (aka a mad barker) this might not be the best place for them! It is a Victorian building and sound can travel.
- We can host small and medium size dogs only. A full list of conditions are available in our T&C page.
I love staying at The Sheldon! I come down to Eastbourne quite regularly for coastal walks on the weekends, and every time I stay here because it’s just such a lovely spot. Friendly owners, comfy beds, bright and cozy bedrooms. I really don’t think there’s a better place to stay in Eastbourne. Plus it’s great value!
Why Visit Eastbourne?
Eastbourne is a relatively small town with everything you need! Unlike nearby Brighton it is much quieter, less expensive and yet still has many of the features and attractions that Brighton has.
Eastbourne has a beautiful Victorian Pier, The world’s busiest Bandstand, it boasts 3 popular theatres, miles of beach, beachy head cliffs, fabulous conference facilities and award-winning art gallery. The Devonshire park is host to several major tennis events, most notably the pre-Wimbledon tournament.
The seafront also plays host to Airbourne, a four-day FREE air show! Little Chelsea and The Enterprise centre along with regular markets offer all manner of unique and unusual gifts, food and clothing items you just can’t find anywhere else. There are so many events running throughout the year, we look forward to hosting you anytime!